It is usually possible to divert a right of way, provided that the diverted route is suitable. If this is a very small diversion, it may be possible to do this informally, and we can provide waymarkers to help keep people on the diverted path. If there is a more major diversion, then it requires a formal diversion order. You would need to contact your local authority Access Officer about this. If you need help, contact ScotWays.