Forfar Railway Station

on .

The railway first reached Forfar in 1838, but the coming of new lines into the town meant its station was relocated and enlarged. This second station (1848-1967) will have been that used by Walter and his party in 1885.  

After the closure of the railway, the station buildings were demolished in the 1970s and Its site is now under Esk Court. However, a bench on the corner of Market Street and Carseview Road marks the station exit, so virtually sit here and picture the emergence of the signposting deputation, one member carrying that mysterious heavy package.